The Crest Audio CA4 professional power amplifier is designed to achieve unsurpassed sonic performance and long-term reliability—even when operating under extreme stress—in touring or fixed installation applications. Absolute sonic accuracy is the hallmark of every Crest amplifier. Bass is solid and defined to the limits of audibility, with ample current reserves delivered by an “over-engineered” power supply and advanced Class AB output circuit design. Wide-bandwidth output devices assure detailed, transparent high frequency response. And, thanks to Crest’s exclusive IGM circuit, the CA4 will drive 2Ω loads safely without compromise in performance.
Power Specifications 8Ω Stereo 4Ω Stereo 2Ω Stereo 8Ω Bridged 4Ω Bridged
1kHz, 0.01% THD+N 250W 435W 500W 830W 1100W
20Hz-20kHz, 0.1% THD+N 245W 400W 450W 800W 900W
Figures are watts per channel, both channels driven
• Crest’s legendary “overbuilt” power supply
• Toroidal power transformer
• Latest generation of high-speed, wide-bandwidth output
• Twin tunnel cooling with back-to-front air flow
• Dual, variable speed DC fans
• Massive, extruded aluminum heat sinks
• Balanced XLR and 1/4-inch (TRS) inputs
• 5-Way binding post outputs or Speakon™ connectors
• Stereo/parallel/bridged mono mode selector switch
• Ground lift switch
• TourClass® protection circuits:
- ACL (Active Clip Limiting) prevents speaker damage with
gentle gain reduction at clip threshold.
- IGM (Instantaneous Gain Modulation) monitors speaker
loads to detect conditions that may overstress output
devices, allowing safe operation into nominal 2Ω impedances.
- AutoRamp gradually increases gain to attenuator setting
level when amplifier is turned on.
- TourClass also includes comprehensive thermal management, and short circuit, DC voltage, turn-on/off transient,
current inrush and sub/ultrasonic input protection.
• Input sensitivity selection
• Recessed, stepped attenuators
• Front panel circuit breaker switch
• Modular construction
This is a used item
Asset ID# 175646
All items are graded with a functionality and cosmetic grading system outlined by R2v3
(Function grading) F3 = Key Functions Working
(Cosmetic grading) C4 - Used Good
This listing only includes the items and accessories pictured or mentioned. All other cords, software, adapters, cables, parts, manuals, remotes, etc are not included if not pictured or mentioned. Thank you for your understanding.
30 Day Warranty (Domestic Sales)